Collection Title: Fred H. Morgan Papers
Series Number: MS69-23
Processed and Cataloged by: Originally processed by Cecilia Droege.
Date Listed: 1969. No exact date listed. Relisted April 9, 2010
Date Span: 1945-1969
Size of Collection: 1.5 linear feet.
Number of Boxes: 3 legal size document cases.
Type of Material: Correspondence, ephemera and photographs.
Condition of Material: Good.
Arrangement: Organized by format of material. Chronological arrangement.
Biographical / Historical Information: Fred H. Morgan was born at Paducah, Kentucky on June 3, 1915. He attended local public schools, graduating from Tilghman High School and Murray State Teachers College. He was the owner and operator of a grocery store in Paducah during the 1940s and 1950s. He served in the Kentucky House of Representatives from the 4th and later 5th District from 1945 to 1977. As a legislator, he was a member of the State Unemployment Compensation Board and the Governor’s Highway Safety Committee. He also acted as the City Manager of Paducah for a number of years.
Scope and Content: Collection consists of correspondence written and received by Kentucky State representative Fred H. Morgan from 1945 to 1969. The collection contains letters from constituents and prominent state and national politicians. Included in the correspondence are campaign materials, copies of House bills, election information, conference and commission reports, memorabilia, ephemera and photographs.
Subject Headings / Descriptors:
Morgan, Fred H., 1915-
Politicians – Kentucky – Paducah.
Legislators – Kentucky – Paducah.
Kentucky – Politics and government.
McCracken County (Ky.)
- Correspondence, 1945-1948
- Correspondence, 1949-1951
- Correspondence, 1952
- Correspondence, 1953-1955
- Correspondence, 1956
- Correspondence, 1957-1959
- Correspondence, 1960
- Correspondence, 1961
- Correspondence, 1962
- Correspondence, 1963
- Correspondence, 1964
- Correspondence, 1965
- Correspondence, 1966
- Correspondence, 1967
- Correspondence, Jan-Feb, 1968
- Correspondence, March-December, 1968
- Correspondence, 1969
- Correspondence, dates unknown
- Campaign Announcements
- Council of State Governments
- KEA Legislative Program, 1959
- Election Information
- Legislative Research Commission
- Chiropractic Workmen’s Compensation- House Bill 112
- Fish and Game Dept. House Bill 182
- County Unit System, 1956
- Sunday Opening Bill, House Bill 1352
- National Legislative Conference
- Southern Regional Education Board
- Mementos, Miscellany
- Biographical Information
- Bulletins, Memoranda, etc.