Collection Title: Owen Billington Papers
Series Number: MS70-04
Processed and Cataloged by: Originally processed by Cecilia Droege
Date Listed: March of 1970. No exact date listed.
Date Span: 1953-1968
Size of Collection: 1.0 linear feet.
Number of Boxes: 2 legal size document cases.
Type of Material: Correspondence, newspapers clippings, photographs and ephemera.
Condition of Material: Good.
Arrangement: Chronological arrangement.
Biographical / Historical Information: Owen Billington was born in Calloway County Kentucky. He received a high school diploma from Murray College High and later a Bachelor of Science degree from Murray State College. He served in the United States Navy during the Second World War. He was a partner in the Murray Insurance Agency from 1949 until his retirement in 1986. In 1951, Billington was elected as State Representative from Calloway County. He held that office until 1960. He was elected State Senator for the district in 1963 and held that seat until 1967.
Scope and Content: Collection consists of correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographs and ephemera retained by Owen Billington of Murray, Kentucky from 1953 to 1968. Included in the collection are numerous documents related to proposed legislation in the Kentucky State Legislature during his terms in both the State house and senate.
Subject Headings / Descriptors:
Politicians – Kentucky – Calloway County.
- Owen Billington: 1962- June 22, 1963
- Owen Billington: June 24, 1963- Dec. 27, 1963
- Owen Billington: 1964
- Owen Billington: 1965
- Owen Billington: Jan. 11, 1966- April 20, 1966
- Owen Billington: May 11, 1966- Dec. 15, 1966
- Owen Billington: 1967-1968
- Owen Billington: 1956
- Owen Billington: 1957-1958
- Owen Billington: 1953-1955
- Owen Billington: Newspaper Clippings
- Owen Billington: Campaign Material
- Owen Billington: Telegrams, Postcards, Petitions
- Owen Billington: Awards
- Owen Billington: Senate Ways and Means Committee