224 Waterfield Library
Murray, KY 42071
iOS Download Guidelines for eBook Platforms
iPad users: EBSCO e-books can be viewed within an internet browser or downloaded for offline use in the reading app of your choice (examples below use the Bluefire Reading app)
iPhone and iPod Touch users: EBSCO e-books are best downloaded for reading via the reading app of your choice (example below uses the Bluefire Reading app)
Does your iOS device have an internet connection?
The process for downloading an EBSCO e-book varies based on whether your iOS device has an internet connection or not.
Transfer to an iOS Device
To download EBSCO eBooks to iOS devices such as an iPhone or iPad an alternative method is needed.
1. Download the Bluefire Reader to your iOS device. This software supports Adobe ebook DRM.
2. Open the app. You should get a pop-up message asking you to authorize the device with your Adobe ID (NOTE: an Adobe ID can only be registered to a maximum of six devices). If you do not get a pop-up message, click on the Info Tabin the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. When you get to the screen below, click the Authorize button to authorize the device with your Adobe ID.
4. Enter your Adobe ID and password.
5. If successful, you will see the following message:
Once you have successfully authorized your iOS device, go to the ASU Mobile app, click on Library > Search Tools > U-Search (you will be prompted to login with your ASU network credentials), and search for an ebook to download. Follow the same steps as if you were downloading the eBook to a desktop computer. Once you have checked out the eBook, you will see a message to open it in Bluefire Reader. The eBook will remain in your Bluefire Reader app until the checkout period expires.
My iOS device has an internet connection: First Steps
When you have located an eBook you wish to download, click on the Online Content tab. Note: If the "Download" link does not appear, the eBook cannot be downloaded; it can only be viewed online. Online full-text viewing is only possible on the iPad.
You will be prompted to Sign in with your network login.