Skip to Main Content
What are citation managers?
- Citation management software allows you to save and organize publication information for your sources, and automatically create in-text citations and bibliographies in word processing applications like Microsoft Word.
- Murray State provides access to EndNote thru Web of Science.
- You can also use Zotero, an open source citation manager.
- Zotero (pronounced 'zoh-TAIR-oh') is a free citation manager that can help you keep track of, organize and cite your research.
- Zotero has a desktop version as well as plugins for your browser.
- Note: Zotero performs best in Firefox.
- Mendeley is a free reference manager with both a desktop and online version.
- Mendeley provides 2GB of space upon registration with the option to upgrade to a pro version.